Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Well: A Deep Topic

Today was light and lovely. The Mad Cow decided to take a “nap” in his own bed this morning, which meant that I got to sleep in mine for most of my sleep cycle. And I woke up feeling really good! :) (Usually, I sleep on the couch for most of my “night” to make sure I hear it when he decides to caper around the house.)

Fae (Pop's new homemaker/assisty person) came by a bit early-- calling beforehand to make sure it was okay-- so that had me in a bit of a last minute rush, but really, I didn't mind. Ah, the wonders of a good “night's” sleep. :)

I tried to get the oil changed for the car, but the garage was full today, so they pencilled me in for tomorrow. And that put the kibosh on my plans (oil change, then hang out in the library and reeeeead), so I drove up to Parkersburg (because I CAN!) and read in the coffee shop in Borders for a few hours. I might have bought the latest C. E. Murphy book, too.

Somewhere in there, the weather went from a sweltering 90+F and humid, to 70F and thunderstorms. In, like, five minutes. Sitting in the large bookstore, I could hear the rain pelting the rooftop over their piped music. At first it was like the heavens opened and dumped. By the time I had to leave, it had slacked, but it was still raining fairly heavy. But it was a warm rain, so I didn't mind at all walking through it to get to my car. In fact, it was rather sensuous.

When I got home, Fae reported-- surprised-- that Pop slept most of the day. I guess that means he's decided she's no longer Company, as he would never sleep in front of Company. Probably the bath had something to do with that.

After that, we had a very quiet evening, where Pop watched TV really, really loud, and I finished reading Eloisa James's Duchess by Night, which was delightful! I wish Mom was still around. I know she'd have liked this one. Regency romance, at its best.

Well, it's time to take out the trash, clean the kitchen and head to bed. Maybe, if I'm lucky, I'll be able to stay there most of tonight too!

Peace.