Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Outta My Hands

Well, I filed my very first police report today, seeing as how Vicodin is a controlled substance and all. The officer was very nice, and thought of a couple suspects I hadn't originally considered. He doesn't think someone just broke into the house to steal the meds, because they would have take the whole bottle and not left any behind. That's a relief, because it means the neighborhood hasn't completely imploded, but it also means the thief was someone who had access to the house, which is infinitely sad.

In the meantime, I've done what I can. I have locked away ALL of his drugs where only I know where they are. It's sad that I have to do this, but until this is resolved, I don't want anything else going missing. And just in case, I'm making double-extra sure the house is locked down before going to bed. (Very sad day. I feel like I'm back in Los Angeles.)

On the bright side, I had my second jaunt out into the Real World. Very exciting. I can see myself running out of stuff to do pretty quick, though. It's a bummer the local library closes at 5.

And I did the math. It looks like I will NOT be able to go see Batman for my birthday after all-- at least, not easily. It runs too long, and I won't be able to get back to the house in time. Besides, Castle requested the day off of work so he could come with me, and his work denied him. Poo. I COULD go alone (and will probably have to), but it's much more fun to go with someone. I'm not giving up, though. I really, really, really wanna see it. So, I'll figure something out. I've been planning to go since they first announced it was coming out on my birthday-- back when I was still working for Expedia.

So, yeah. That's me in a nutshell. Off to bed.

Peace.