Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Other People's Business

Wow. Stuff has happened. And when I say “Stuff,” it's with the capital S. It is not my Stuff, so I am not at liberty to say what happened, nor to whom. However, what I can say is that the offending party is a child, an idiot and a selfish sunamabitch. (From now on, we shall refer to the selfish sunamabitch as The Idiot, because it's easier to type and it REALLY applies. And “Troglodyte Child” is just far too complimentary.)

This Stuff is a pretty big thing for me, even though it's not happening TO me, and so most of my energy outside of caretaking for Pop is currently directed towards offering support for my friend, and trying to figure out what the blankety-blank was going on in the mind of The Idiot that they would handle things so poorly. Then again, after applying a moniker like The Idiot, I should stop trying to figure out how they think, because obviously, they're not thinking. If they WERE thinking, they wouldn't have pulled half of the nonsense they did. (And yes, I am playing the pronoun game as a way to protect identities, not because I don't know my English grammar.)

I am absolutely furious that anyone, ANYONE would treat my friend the way that The Idiot has, and I very much want to lash out. However, what I need to remember is that as much as my friend is grieving over this painful situation, it is something that they chose to go through, and that they are learning a LOT about life through this experience. In that respect, this is turning out to be a Very Useful Experience. Also, Law of Attraction states that the more I focus on The Idiot's foul behavior, the more I draw people like that into my life, and I really don't need any of that at the moment.

So, I am letting go. I am supportive of my friend, and helping them take as many lessons from this experience as they can handle, and the rest I let go. It's not my shite to deal with, so there's no need for me to call it to myself.

And honestly, since Saturday (when this all began), my friend has been dealing with all of it admirably well, getting stronger and more self-assured with each passing hour. I am very proud of them. (GAH! I hate the pronoun game. It is so clumsy.)

But the point of all this, is that outside of this drama, there is very little going on in my life that doesn't take place at the conversational level of a two-year-old. So this is much more interesting to talk about... And I'm turning into a gossip. Blech.

Hmm. I really need something to capture my interest... that or I need to get out more.

Speaking of getting out more, today at the library, one of the full-time staff members expressed a wish that I could work there at the very least part-time. I am not adverse to getting paid to do what I'm doing. I only wish I had the hours. BUT this does bode well for the someday when I will need to have an income again. :)

Anyway, yeah. That's me.

Peace.