Friday, June 20, 2008

Henna Eep!

As you may recall, a few weeks ago, I pulled out my brand new henna kit and drew all over my legs and my arms. Heh. It was very much a lot of fun, and I learned how not to do henna on myself. Thank goodness it was fun! So, when I was done, I marked my calendar for one month from the day I made the mix, since that's about how long it'll last without going rancid.

Guess what? Tomorrow marks my one month and until last night, I hadn't really touched the bottle (except to stand it up when it fell down in the fridge.) Last night, staring at my calendar, I figured I'd better pull it out and finish up the bottle. Little did I realize how much I had left! Eep!

And the worst part is, judging from my last attempts, I wouldn't be just making up designs. I was going to have to find some samples to copy. I googled “Mendhi” and “Henna designs” and found a couple I really liked. :) As I did my first few, I started getting an idea for what designs just look best in henna, and started experimenting. I did design after design, and still have some left over. (Good grief!) And thus we have:

My legs:
Photobucket

Left Ankle:
Photobucket

Right Ankle:
Photobucket

Left knee:
Photobucket

Right knee:
Photobucket

Left wrist:
Photobucket

My favorite, my first, my right leg:
Photobucket


I don't know about you, but I'm pretty happy with they way they all turned out. Which is a good thing, since I'll be stuck with them for the next few weeks!

Peace.