Friday, June 13, 2008

Garden Squee!

Serenity came over yesteday and we looked at my garden. I'm no farmer, probably never will be, and this certainly felt like biting off more than I can chew. Still and all, I'm rather proud. Good job, Mi!

Pictures for your perusement:

This is my container garden, what I started with last year. Clockwise, from top left, I've got oregano, spearmint, thyme and chives. You can also see the aloe and rosemary peeking out:
Photobucket


Here is the rosemary I grew from a seed:
Photobucket


And the aloe plant that has survived years of neglect. (I think it was my grandmother's.):
Photobucket


This is the garden Pays helped me plant this year:
Photobucket


I've got broccoli:
Photobucket


And lettuce:
Photobucket


And a crazy mess of peas:
Photobucket


A ton of grapes!
Photobucket


Some... um... vine thingee. (I think it might be a loofa gourd):
Photobucket


Okay, I have no idea what this is, but it's growing a lot too!
Photobucket


Then, around the edge of the yard, I've got corn growing:
Photobucket


And one, lone sunflower:
Photobucket


Oh, yeah. I think I might have posted this story a while back. Here is the re-enactment, as portrayed by Youngest Monkey:
Youngest Dog Re-enactment


All in all, YAY for garden! :D

Peace.